The Free Gospel-Call
by Ralph Erskine
from Isa. 55:1-3
- "Ho, every thirsty soul, and all
- That poor and needy are,
- Here's water of salvation's well
- For you to come and share.
- Here's freedom from sin and woe,
- And blessings all divine,
- Here streams of love and mercy flow,
- Like floods of milk and wine.
- Approach the fountain head of bliss,
- That's open like the sea,
- The buyers that are moneyless,
- To poorest beggars free.
- Why spend you all your wealth and pains,
- For that which is not bread,
- And for unsatisfying gains,
- On which no soul can feed ?
- While vain ye seek with earthly toys,
- To fill an empty mind,
- You lose immortal solid joys,
- And feed upon the wind.
- Incline your ear, and come to me;
- Hear and your soul shall live:
- For mercies sure as well as free,
- I bind myself to give."
Index to Ralph Erskine
Some Sidelights on Ralph Erskine